This cool and historic set includes 8 (#'s 9-16) 24K Gold Plated Replica Roman Brothel Spintriae Coins showing various sexual acts in a high-quality 8" x 10" Frame.
* These Are Reproductions of Actual Roman Coins Struck in the 1st Century A.D. There Are 16 Coins in This Series. A spintria (plural, spintriae) is a Roman token, possibly for use in brothels, usually depicting sexual acts or symbols. They were only produced for a few years in the first century, between the years 20 to 40 AD, during the reign of Emperor Tiberius. The numbers I to XVI are known, but numbers exceeding XII are very rare. They were struck in brass or bronze. Possibly they were used to overcome the language barrier for visitors who spoke no Latin. Experts cannot agree on the use for the Roman numbers. Were they the price for the act pictured on the front, or the value, or just a risque novelty item? We will never know for sure. They are a great piece of Roman history.
* Size: Approximately 21 mm. 8 different poses with Roman Numerals on the reverse. * Coins are made from lead-free pewter
* Our Frames come with Easel to display on your Desktop or Shelf, or they can be Hung on your Wall.
* Comes in an 8" x 10" display frame
* Select from Your Choice of 5 Different Frames