WASHINGTON – In 1776, General George Washington, along with 2,400 troops and artillery, began his historic crossing of the Delaware River in preparation for a surprise attack on British and Hessian soldiers during the American Revolutionary War. The United States Mint is unveiling a new design depicting this pivotal moment in history which will be displayed on the reverse (tails) of the quarter-dollar coin beginning in 2021.
They mark a closure to the Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters Program. Depicting General George Washington crossing an ice-choked Delaware River in 1776 prior to the Battle of Trenton, the new quarters will be released into circulation beginning April 5, 2021. The 2021 General George Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter dollar is a one-year issue, to be replaced in 2022 when the U.S. Mint begins a new circulating quarter dollar program to run through 2025 with reverse designs dedicated to historic American women. In commemoration of this special rare one-year release new coin, the Merrick Mint has released this Limited Black Ruthenium Version.
• Genuine and Authentic U.S. Legal Tender Coins
• Genuine 2021 Washington Crossing the Delaware Quarters
• Full-Color Certificate of Authenticity is Included with Each Coin
• Each Coin is Handsomely Showcased in an Acrylic Coin Capsule
• All 3 Rare Metal Versions
• VERSION #1 - Black Ruthenium with 24K Gold Highlights
• VERSION #2 - Black Ruthenium with .999 Fine Silver Highlights
• VERSION #3 - 24K Gold with Black Ruthenium Highlights